8.31.2004

 
Baptist Distinctive

This is from a Baptist discussion group I'm on. I was posting about our need to be active in the social aspects of the gospel and this is part of the reply I received. From a Baptist preacher. Someone who is called to minister to others.

Maybe you can straighten me out on a matter here. I see a need when someone is starving or dying of a disease but I am not sure what my part should be in reliving someone whose own depravity has gotten them in to a needful situation. As to single mothers in the black population, one of the biggest motivations for this is the Gov't benefits that are taken away when a mother marries the father. Benefits that I am not sure should be there to begin with. A bread line at your church would, to me, be more scriptural. (emphasis mine)

Kinda makes me embarrassed to be called a Baptist some times.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?