8.30.2004

 
Whoda thunk it?

I continue to be approached by Mark to stretch my ministry outreach. He is trying to involve me in an outreach ministry to preserver black families. Why he wants a white boy to preach to black men to get and stay married to their women and raise their children is beyond me. The fact that I believe in the mission is one thing, but will I have street cred?

The future is yet to be written.

I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome/progress of this.

Meanwhile, Gamaliel should be back up and running as of this week, now that I have my computer back. Thank you Damien!

Comments:
Rick-

I'd encourage you to do it. You'll establish credibility by showing that you care and by focusing on the people's strengths and encouraging them to use those strengths in their marriages. Even though African-American culture is family focused, the Black family is in a state of crisis, and this is a vitally important ministry.

Ted
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?