11.11.2004

 

Online Community

Stephen Shields just posted a nice article on the faithmaps blog regarding online community. As a member of a number of these communities, I still miss the intimacy afforded f2f communications. So I merged the best of both worlds and hooked up with two Matts earlier this week while traveling to DC.

Matt Oskvarek (a faithmaps community member) was a renewal of an acquaintance that I had made in March. I had a lovely visit with him and his dear wife Bonnie in their home. Tuesday night I met Matt Bianco (of the Historic Baptist Symposium) at the airport and went out for some Italian food. We had a good time fellowshipping around a mutual faith and shared love of the Lord.

Online community has its shortcomings but it also has the advantage of forging friendships across geographical boundaries that make it possible to travel someplace one has never been and still find friends waiting. I love the ability to join together with those I have "met" on forums and spend some face time with them. It enhances the online relationship where I can put face and voice to the printed word.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?