11.06.2004

 

Simply Fabulous

I never cease to be amazed at differences in apprehending truth. I have found people who have read The Life of Pi seem to either love it or hate it. They find it unsatisfying or fulfilling. Interesting

I remeber the first time I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, that the left brain in me was disappointed but my right brain was intrigued and watched it again and again.

Big Fish is another. Candy didn't like it but the kids, especially the older ones, and I loved it. The same with The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit which is based on a Ray Bradbury play. Candy hates it when I talk about Flatland but many love it.

I think some people are geared for fables and fabulous tales as insightful life tales and others aren't. It's that concrete/abstract thing.

And there's little I can do about it in my writing.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?